Think about exactly what you are looking for in a relationship.
Think about exactly what you are looking for in a relationship. Are you looking for someone only to have fun with and no commitment, or a serious relationship and not quite ready for marriage? Maybe you are in search for “the one” to spend the rest of your life with? It’s ok if you are not sure what you want yet, at least you have decided that much. If you are not sure what you want, that means you should not be looking for marriage at this time. Whatever it may be, try to decide before you begin looking for a friend, so you can portray those feelings while creating an introduction. You also need to know what type of relationship you want, to know what type of friend to search for!
Gather appropriate photos
Photos that show your beautiful smile are the best!
Here is a list of photo mistakes not to make:
- do not post photos with you posing next to a member of the opposite sex, that may be mistaken for ex or acquaintance
- do not post photos that are blurry or too dark. Avoid wearing sunglasses and hats in your pictures. Pictures where your features cannot be clearly seen are like posting no pictures at all
- Most important, POST A PHOTO!. Often times, individuals avoid this step, sometimes not to reveal their identity to the world, or because they are lazy. It’s not a crime to look for friends online, and no reason to be embarassed, so don’t be scared to post your face. If you don’t have a photo of yourself, step outside in the sunlight and snap a great selfie of your beautiful smile. (Pictures taken in the bathroom mirror are a turn off!!)
Finally, Create your profile
- first, read dozens of other profiles to get a feel of what may be appropriate. Also, take note of what is over-used and avoid such cliched phrases. See what appeals to you and what turns you off.
- choose a unique headline, upbeat and positive, avoid sexual innuendos. Do not post over-used phrases such as “Looking for love” or “Trying this Out”
- you can write about things you enjoy, such as pets or hobbies, but be careful not to reveal too much about your personal life. Avoid writing about past relationships, especially if you are “recently separated”. Try to convey who you really are, and not what you think people are looking for
- it is just as important to include what you are looking for in your partner. Try to describe your dream mate, but don’t be overly picky. A person who appears to have too many rules and regulations is very unattractive.
- Be honest!! You may find it tempting to make yourself a few years younger, or a few inches taller, but lying in your profile will only make things more difficult in the future when you have to explain to your date why you were dishonest. You will have a poor chance in winning a second date when trust is lost.